Sunday, October 11, 2009

Nighty Night!


Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. I'm five. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy,  James. I look after him 'cuz he's old and forgetful. He lost his mitts today.  Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby. I found him in a basket one morning, right in front of the door!

I wanted a little brother for a long time but every time I would ask,  James would laugh, kiss my nose and say, "Fat chance, Charles. You're a handful already." That's how cubby got the name Chance. Chance and me and  James have lots of fun together.

After supper we're sleepy. We have our baths. Then  James tucks us into bed and reads stories to us. Then we say our prayers. Chance can't talk but he makes squeaky noises when he's happy. He likes to crawl under the covers cuz he thinks he's hiding. He can't hide from me.

Prayer time is nice. Know why? That is when I tell God what I did today. He's my friend even if I can't see him. Know what I say? I say, "Hello, God. This is me, Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with Chance and James. Thank you for all the fun we had today. Thank you for my little brother and for James. Oh, wait. Thank you for Cassidy and Tanner, my friends. Thank you for porridge and gummy worms and licorice and my blue bike with the Canada flag and for Smarties, too. Thank you for trees to climb and for a a big back yard so I can dig holes. God, I know you climb way up high so you can watch over us. Thanks for watching. Okay, God. I'm sleepy. Amen."

Amen means I'm finished, God. This is me, Charles the sleepy bear cub saying 'over and out!" Then James kisses our noses and says, "Good night handsome bear cubs. Good night you Sons of Windsor. Good night you Princes of Ontario. Sleep tight. Don't let the bedbugs bite!" I don't know what bedbugs are but if I ever see one I'll make it sit on the Time Out Chair. No one should bite, you know. I sleep all night. So does Chance. Well, sometimes he poos in his diaper and makes squawky noises, so we have to change them but then we go right back to sleep. Bye for now?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.