Thursday, October 22, 2009

Grocery Shopping at Westide Food


Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy,  James. He's old and forgetful. He's really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark.  I have to look after him. Oh.Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I have to look after him, too.

Know what I'm doing? I'm helping  James with grocery shopping. The grocery store is full of yummy things to eat. Well, not brocollis or sauerkrauts. They're nasty and I don't like them at all. I don't know why they're in the Canada Food Guide at all! We have a list. We're gonna get wallermelon and porridge and Smarties.

Chance is too little to eat those things. He drinks milk from a bottle. I think he drinks condensed owls' milk. I'll ask Ravan where it is. He's the nice man who owns the grocery store. Shopping for food is fun, you know. I could be a grocer. I can say, "Did you find everything you needed?" I can also say, "Wallermelons are on sale this week. Would you like to take one home with you and eat it a-l-l u-p?"

See, that makes me a helper. Helpers are good citizens and they get to drink root beer and eat licorice. Oh! Wait! We get to play Space Invaders, too! Did you hear that?  James is hollering, "Where's my handsome bear cubs?" That's me, Charles and that's Chance, too! I'd better get Chance and go find James and get our ears tickled and our noses kissed. That makes us laugh right out loud. Okay. I gotta go. This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens! Help with grocery shopping. Tell Ravan that Charles sent you. Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.