Monday, October 19, 2009

My Dream About a Lion Hunt


Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's old and forgetful. This morning he forgot my name!   I have to look after him. Oh.Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I have to look after him, too.

Chance is really little. He doesn't have any teeth and he can't talk. He doesn't even have a tail, yet!
I have a tail. I'm five, you know. Chance drinks condensed owls' milk out of a bottle. I don't need a bottle. I have a sippy cup with Spiderman on it.

Know what? Last night after we had our bedtime story, said our prayers and went to sleep I had a dream. I dreamt I was hunting lions in the living room. I l-o-v-e to hunt for lions. It's the funnest game. Every time I would sneak up on the lion and get ready to catch him, guess what? There wasn't any lion, it was Chance. That was my dream. Today we can go outside and play lion hunt. We can hide in the cedar hedge and pretend that cats and squirrels are lions. Yeah. That's a good idea. Lion Hunt! Chance will have to be very quiet. He makes little squeaky noises when he's happy and excited. Then the lions will run and hide. Okay. I gotta go get my safari helmet and my space ray gun. I'm gonna catch a zillion lions! Be good citizens and catch lots of lions today. This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying,

Goin' on a lion hunt
One, two, three!'
Goin' on a lion hunt,
Can't catch me!

Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.