Saturday, October 24, 2009

Making Sleepies




Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy,  James. He's old and forgetful. I have to look after him. Oh.Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after him, too. That's what families do.

Know what? Chance is sleeping. He sleeps a lot. That's cuz he's really little. He doesn't even have a tail, yet! I sing songs to him and he falls asleep. His favourite song is No Bears Out Tonight.  James taught me the song. He sits in the rocking chair and holds us tight and kisses our noses and sings. Know what? I will sing it for you, now.

No bears out tonight.
No bears out tonight.
No bears out tonight.
They've all gone to sleep.

I bet you're sleepy now, aren't you? I know I am. Okay. My eyes don't want to stay open. It's bedtime. I'm gonna take Chance and we're gonna find  James so we can have our bedtime story, say our prayers, sing the bear song and make sleepies.This is me, Charles the Bear Cub, saying, "Be good citizens. Sing songs, brush your teeth and say your prayers before you go to bed. Good zzzZZZZ!'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.