Saturday, October 17, 2009

On Track with VIA Rail




Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. I have to look after him 'cuz he's old and forgetful. Today he forgot his glasses. I found them. They were on his head!   Oh, wait. Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left on our doorstep one morning. He's a wee little thing. I have to look after him, too.

Look at me! I'm way up here on the VIA Rail sign. I l-o-v-e to ride on the train. It goes fast. It goes faster than my blue bike with the Canada flag on it. We go lots of places on the train. We go to London to visit our buddy Darryl. We go to T.O. to visit the doctor. We go to Cornwall to see William and Michael. Know what? We can go all the way to Montreal on the train. That's in Quebec. People say 'bonjour' in Quebec. That's 'cuz they speak French. Know what? I can speak French cuz I went to bear cub camp in Quebec last summer.

Oh, wait! We can go to Florida. I don't know where Florida is but Susan J. lives there and I can climb way up high  and eat oranges right off the orange tree. See! I can buy my own ticket at VIA Rail. Chance is so tiny he doesn't have to buy a ticket. He gets to ride for free. That's a good thing 'cuz he doesn't even know how to push the buttons. We get to eat on the train. The food is yummy. Know what? They don't have brocollis on the train. I hate them. Brocollis are nasty. Nasty should be a food group in the Canada Food Guide. I eat them 'cuz Special Ed James says I have to be a good sample for Chance. He copies everything I do. He's a copycat. I don't know why we say 'copycat.' He should be a copycub.  I hold my nose and eat my brocollis. Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Who's a handsome bear cub? Who's a Son of Windsor? Where's my Princes of Ontario?" That's me! Charles! That's Chance, too!  I better get down from here. I want James to tickle my ears and kiss my nose until I laugh right out loud. Chance doesn't really laugh. He's too little. He makes squeaky noises when he's happy. This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, 'Be good citizens! Get ready to travel! All aboard!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.