Thursday, October 15, 2009

Copycat


Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy,  James. I have to look after him 'cuz he's old and forgetful. Oh, wait. Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left on our doorstep one morning. He's a wee little thing. I have to look after him.

Chance is a copycat. Know what I copycat is? I do. It's someone who copies everything I do. Chance might be a bear cub but he's a copycat, too. See! I climb up on the chesterfield so I can tell  James what to write in the blog. Look who's here with me. Chance. He climbed right up behind me. He's a copycat. I don't know why we say copycat. He's really a bear cub. That makes Chance a copycub.

Chance is fast asleep. He always falls asleep after breakfast. I had gummy worms in my porridge for breakfast. Chance is so little, he doesn't have any teeth. He can't eat gummy worms and porridge. Chance drinks milk out of a bottle. Bottles are for newborn cubbies. Oh, wait! Chance IS a newborn cubby. I think he drinks condensed owls' milk. I have a sippy cup, cuz I'm five, you know. My birthday is on Canada Day. When Chance wakes up we can play. I know lots of games to play. I'm so glad I have a baby brother.

Did you hear that?  James is hollering, "Where's my handsome bear cubs? What happened to my Sons of Windsor? Where are my Princes of Ontario?" That us! Charles and Chance. We're gonna go find James so we can get our ears tickled and we'll laugh right out loud. Okay, good citizens. Eat all your porridge and then you'll be strong and healthy. Then you can climb things and play games. Gotta go! This is Charles the Bear Cub saying, 'over and out!'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.