Monday, October 26, 2009

Chance Disappears


Hi. This isn't me. This is my little brother Chance. He's a newborn cubby. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He's forgetful and old. He says he was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark. He must be 20!   I have to look after him. Oh.Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after him, too.

When James and I woke up this morning, Chance wasn't in his basket. We looked under the bed. We looked under the chair and we looked under the table. If Chance was playing Hide & Seek, he was doing a very good job of hiding! Chance disappeared. He wasn't in the bathroom and he wasn't in the living room. Then we found his diaper on the kitchen floor. It was stinky. Where could our cubby be? Did someone cubnap him? Then we heard little squeaky noises. We looked up. We looked way up. Guess what? Chance was sitting in the sink. He climbed way up high and was sitting in the kitchen sink. He wanted a bath but he didn't know how to turn the water on. Good thing he didn't, 'cuz he might have burnt himself with hot water. 

James said, "My son! What are you doing in here?" Chance made more squeaky noises and licked  James' nose. I gave him a bear hug. Chance got his bath and then we had porridge and gummy worms for breakfast. Chance is too little to eat food 'cuz he doesn't have teeth, so he had condensed owls' milk for breakfast. I'm glad Chance didn't hurt himself. I'll have to watch him more carefuler!

Did you hear that?  James is hollering, "Where's my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor? What happened to my Princes of Ontario?" That's me! Charles! I'm a handsome bear cub. I'm a Son of Windsor. I'm a Prince of Ontario. So is Chance! We gotta go find James so he can tickle our ears and make us laugh right out loud! This is me Charles, the Bear Cub, saying, "Be good citizens! Only take a bath when a grown up can watch you. Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.