Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Picking Up Trash & Potato Salad



Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy,  James. He's forgetful and really old. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark. He must be 20 years old!  I look after him. I'm five, you know. Oh. Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby I found on our doorstep one morning. He's a wee little thing and I look after him, too.

Look at me! I'm picking up trash and putting it in the bin. That's what good citizens do. Chance and  James help, too. Good citizens get to eat Smarties and wallermelons. They're yummy and that's one of the four food groups in the Canada Food Guide. Then we write about what we did so you can see it, too.

Know what? We had a big storm last night. The wind knocked down trees and smashed up cars. Wow! Know what? We're having potato salad for lunch. My buddy Jay made it. I l-o-v-e potato salad. I know what goes in potato salad--potatoes and salads! I bet I could cook potato salad all by myself. Maybe I could add some Smarties and some apple juice. Yeah. I bet that would taste really yummy!

Chance is too little to eat potato salad. I wonder if he could drink some out of his bottle. Know what? Chance has to wear a diaper cuz he's a newborn cubby. When he poos he makes little squawky noises. That means he's unhappy. When we change his diaper he's really stinky! I don't need a diaper. I know how to use the washroom all by myself. Chance makes squeaky noises when he's happy. I'm gonna go find him and holler, "Who's a handsome bear cub? Where is the Son of Windsor? Where is my Prince of Ontario?" Then I will tickle his ears, kiss his nose and make him laugh right out loud! Okay! This is Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Pick up trash. Good citizens get to eat potato salad. Okay!  Over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.