Sunday, October 4, 2009

Growing Up & Grapes


Hi. This is me, Charles the Bear Cub. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy,  James. Oh. Wait. Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby. I found him in a basket on our doorstep. We're a family. We look after each other.

Chance is a wee little thing. He doesn't have any teeth and he can't even talk but he can sure climb. Chance doesn't feel good today. He's cranky. When he's cranky he makes little squawky noises. Chance is taking a nap.

Know what? I'm outside. I'm five. I know how to play by myself. I'm growing up. Every day I get bigger and stronger cuz I eat my porridge and all the other good foods in the Canada Food Guide--except broccolis. They're nasty. Look! These are baby grapes. They don't taste good now, but when they grow up we can eat them. I l-o-v-e grapes. They're yummy. Chance can't eat grapes but he can drink grape juice from his bottle. I wonder what grapes eat to grow big and strong. If they like Smarties, I can share some with them. I hope Chance feels better when he wakes up from his nap. I want to play with him. We could play Hide & Seek. No. Wait. We can play Spiderman. Yeah. That's what we will do! I'm gonna go wake him up and see if he feels better.

Okay! I gotta go. Eat your porridge and grow up big and strong. Drink grape juice! That makes you a good citizen. This is me, Charles, saying 'over and out!'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.