Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Mackenzie Hall


Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, Grandpa  James. He's really old. I have to look after him. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark.

Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's so newborn he doesn't even have any teeth. He drinks chocolate owls' milk out of a bottle. He's a wee little thing. I look after him, too.

Know what? I'm sitting on the steps at Mackenzie Hall. It's the city's cultural centre. That's on the next block from my house. Chance thinks he's hiding but I know where he is. He's right behind me. He thinks he's invisible when he closes his eyes. If I turn my head I can see him and then I'll holler, "Where's my handsome bear cub?" Then he will make happy little squeaky noises when I tickle his ears and kiss his nose and he will squeak some more.

Then we will find Grandpa James. He's inside. Maybe we can go to visit Miss Wendy and Mr. Ricky and Mr. Sam and get some Smarties at Mac's Milk. Yeah. Good idea! I l-o-v-e Smarties and I always eat the red ones last. It's a rule, you know. Okay. We gotta go, now. This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, 'Be good citizens. Eat your red Smarties last! Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.