Friday, October 30, 2009

Hallowe'en


Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. He is old and forgetful. This morning he forgot his backpack!  I have to look after him. Oh.Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after him, too.

Know what? It's Hallowe'en. Chance and me are going out to trick-or-treat. I know what that means. It means we disguise ourselves and knock on doors and holler, "Trick or treat!" Then people guess who we are. They give us Smarties and gummy worms and licorice and all kinds of yummy things that are in the Canada Food Guide. I'm wearing sunglasses. I'm disguised as Ray Charles. Chance is wearing a handkerchief. He's Cowboy Chance. James is going with us. He says he is going to disguise himself as a grumpy old man. Nobody will know who we are. I lo-v-e Hallowe'en! This is the funnest thing. Okay. I gotta go cuz James is hollering, "Where's my handsome bear cubs? Where are my Sons of Windsor and my Princes of Ontario?" That's us, Charles and Chance! We're gonna find James and get our ears tickled, our noses kissed and laugh right out loud!

Be good citizens today and pick up all the litter you see. Good citizens get to Trick-or-treat!  This is me Charles the Bear Cub saying, "over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.