Sunday, October 25, 2009

Justice is Served



Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy,  James. He's old and forgetful. He was the second Canadian to get off Noah's Ark.  I have to look after him. Oh.Wait! Chance lives with us, too. He's a newborn cubby someone left in a basket on our doorstep. He's a wee little thing. I look after him, too. We're a family. Families look after each other.

Know what? I'm in the court room at Mackenzie Hall. That's a BIG building a block away from our house. I'm in the witness box. I put my paw on the Bible and I swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help me, God. The Crown Prosecutor will ask me questions. Then the Defense Councillor will ask me questions. I will tell them the truth. That makes me a good citizen.

I bet the judge will give me  gummy worms or Smarties afterward. I will say, "My Lord, may I have Smarties and root beer? All those questions made me hungry." And the judge will say, "Charles, you may have licorice and peanut butter sandwiches, too!" I will say, "Thank you, My Lord." Maybe  James and Chance can have some with me. Oh, wait! Chance is too little to eat Smarties. He doesn't even have any teeth. I know! "My Lord, may my little brother Chance have a bottle of condensed owls' milk with Smarties smushed up in it?" I am sure the judge will say 'yes.' Okay. I gotta go, now. Be good citizens and tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help you, God! This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.