Friday, October 2, 2009

Waiting for My Buddy


Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. Chance lives with us, too. Chance is a wee little newborn cubby. I found him on the doorstep one morning.

Know why his name is Chance? Everytime I would ask Special Ed James if I could have a little brother, he'd say, "Fat chance, Charles. You're a handful, already." So, his name is Chance.

Chance is really tiny. He doesn't have any teeth. He doesn't even have a tail, yet.

Know what I'm doing? I'm sitting on the back step, waiting. Sometimes waiting can be exciting. My buddy Darryl might come to visit. I'm gonna wait right here to surprise him. Darryl lives far away. He comes to our house on the train. When my buddy Darryl comes to visit, he tickles my ears and hollers, "Who's a handsome bear cub? Who's a Son of Windsor? Who's a Prince of Ontario?" That's me! Charles! He makes me laugh right out loud.

We do fun stuff, like go to the Dominion House to eat. They make deep-fried pickles and Scotch eggs at the Dominion House. They're yummy and yummy is one of the four food groups in the Canada Food Guide. It's important to eat good food. Broccolis aren't good to eat. They're nasty. Know what else is nasty? Sauerkrauts. They're really nasty. I don't know why we have to eat them.

When Darryl gets here we can play Hide & Seek. No. Wait! Maybe we will dig some holes in the back yard. I l-o-v-e to dig holes, don't you? Okay. I have to go, now. Hope you have fun today and someone special comes to visit you. Bye for now. This is me, Charles, saying 'over and out!'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.