Thursday, September 10, 2009

Olde Sandwich Towne Festival


Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. I live with my buddy James on Sparkle Road. That's near Sandwich Street. I look after him 'cuz he's old and forgetful.

Look at me! I'm reading the Windsor Star. That's a newspaper. Newspapers tell us what's going on.

I know what's going on. There's going to be a BIG festival on Sandwich Street. Festivals are like parties. It starts on Friday. The party will last all weekend. I l-o-v-e parties. There will be singing and dancing and all kinds of contests. I hope there is a running contest. I can run real fast. That's cuz I have Cat-in-the-Hat sox. Tanner and Cassidy gave them to me.

Tanner is a big 'ole yeller dog and Cassidy is a bunny rabbit. We're gonna have a yard sale. We got really good junk to sell. I hope you come and see us. It would be fun to play together. If I had a little brother, I'd play with him. I'd be nice, too.

I asked  James if I could have a little brother and he said, "Fat chance, Charles. You're a handful." I don't know what that means but hands aren't very big, you know. My birthday is on Canada Day. Did you hear that?  James is hollering, "Who's a handsome bear cub? Who's a Son of Windsor? Who's a Prince of Ontario?" That's me! Charles! I'm a handsome bear cub. I'm a Son of Windsor. I'm a Prince of Ontario! I'm gonna run find James so he can tickle my ears, kiss my nose and make me laugh out loud. I l-o-v-e having my ears tickled, don't you? Okay. This is me, Charles, saying, "Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.