Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Delta Chi


Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. I'm five, you know. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy,James. When I was a little cubby he watched over me. Now I watch over him cuz he's old and forgetful. Today he forgot where he put the Smarties. 

Know what? This is me with my buddy, Chris. He's a student. He's studying law. How do you study law? I know the law.  James says, "Don't drink out of the toilet." That's a law. He also says, "Mind your manners at the dinner table." That's a law.

I obey or I have to sit on the Time Out Chair. I don't like the Time Out Chair. When I sit there I'm supposed to think about obeying. Good citizens obey.

Good citizens get Smarties and wallermelons. I l-o-v-e wallermellons. Oh. Wait. You know what? Chris lives with other students in a big house. They're all brothers. Eternity brothers. That means they're brothers forever.

I wish I had a little brother. I'd teach him how to ride a bike and to climb real high and the right way to eat Smarties. You know you have to eat the red ones last. Yeah. If I had a brother we would be eternity brothers. I asked  James if I could have a little brother. He laughs and hugs me, kisses my nose and says, "Fat chance, Charles. You're a wild and crazy bear cub. I've got my hands full with you!"

Okay, I gotta go. We're going out in the county to pick apples right off the trees. I l-o-v-e apples. They're yummy and that's one of the four food groups in the Canada Food Guide. We're gonna ride in a car and everything! Oh. Wait. I'd better go to the bathroom before I get in car. Okay! This is me, Charles the Bear Cub, saying 'over and out!'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.