Monday, September 28, 2009

Bear Hugs


Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I'm five. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. Oh. Wait. Chance lives with us, too. Chance is a newborn cubby I found on our doorstep. Now he's my little brother. I look after him, too.

Chance sleeps a lot and drinks lots condensed owls' milk out of a bottle. He poos in his diaper. We have fun--except when he poos. Then he's stinky and we have to give him a bath in the kitchen sink. Know what? Chance loves to hug and lick my nose. I like to give him big 'ole bear hugs, too. We hug  James. Bear hugs are good for us.  James says we need at least six good hugs a day to stay well.

Know what? Hugs are just like Smarties. The more I get, the more I want. I wonder if there are red hugs. You know the Smarties rule, you gotta eat the red ones last. I wonder what colour a hug is? I'll ask  James. He knows everything.

Okay. We gotta go. We're gonna go outside and climb something. Chance is just a wee little thing but he can already climb pretty high. He can't talk 'cuz he's too little. Chance makes squeaky noises when he's happy and squawky ones when he's hungry or needs his diaper changed. This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be a good citizen and give someone a big 'ole bear hug today.  over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.