Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Things I Know About Newborn Cubbies


Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy, James. Someone left a newborn cubby on our doorstep. I hope we can keep him. I asked God for a baby brother. I think God put cubby on our doorstep. He's like that you know.

I know things about our newborn cubby. He can't eat Smarties cuz he doesn't have any teeth, yet. He drinks condensed owls' milk out of a bottle and he's always hungry. I smush up Smarties and put them in his milk. Oh. Wait! How will he drink the red ones last? When he's not hungry he sleeps and poos. I help change his diapers. They're stinky. Cubby is really tiny. He doesn't have a tail. He will grow a tail but he won't grow pockets or thumbs. I can hold cubby in one paw. I hold him up in the kitchen sink while James gives him a bath. Cubby laughs and splashes in the water. I let him play with my yellow ducks. Cubby can't talk, you know. We nap together. He licks my nose. It tickles.

Know what? Cubby doesn't have a name. I sure hope we find one for him. Oh. Wait! I know! You can tell me what name you want cubby to have! Yeah! Good idea! Okay. The winner can ride my blue bike up and down Sandwich Street and help me dig holes in the backyard and we can play with cubby, too! This is me, Charles the Bear Cub, saying 'over and out!'

1 comment:

jana said...

ok so here are several posibble names:
Butterscotch
Jasper
Elliott
Finn

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.