Sunday, August 30, 2009

Hanging out at the Mill Dollar Store


Hi. This is me, Charles the Bear Cub. I live with my buddy, James. I look after him, 'cuz he's forgetful. He made spaghetti for breakfast!

Know what? I'm a the Mill Dollar Store with my buddy, Allen. That's on the corner of Mill and Sandwich Streets, right by our house on Sparkle Road. Allen looks after the whole store. Allen has candy and toys. He has lots of other stuff, too. If you have money you can take some home.

James always tells me to keep my paws in my pockets so I don't break anything. He's silly. Bear cubs don't have pockets. Maybe I will grow some when I'm older. I sure hope so. I want thumbs, too.

If you don't have money and you take something, that's stealing and you will get caught and get your paws printed and your mug shot taken and have to stay in jail. That's not nice. I could be a helper here. I can say, "The marshmallows are in Aisle Six" and "Did you find everything you were looking for?" That's what helpers say.

Helpers are good citizens and good citizens get to eat Smarties and licorice. Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Who's a handsome bear cub? Who's a Son of Windsor?" That's me! Charles. I gotta say good-bye to Allen and go get my ears tickled and my nose kissed so I can laugh right out loud. I sure hope you're a good citizen and somebody tickles your ears today! "Bye for now. This is me, Charles the Bear Cub, saying Over and out!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.