Monday, August 17, 2009

Tomatoes!


Hi. I'm Charles. I'm a bear cub.You know me. I live on Sparkle Road with my buddy James. It's my job to look after him 'cuz he's old and forgetful and shouldn't live alone.

Know what? We got tomatoes. We got two tomatoes growing. There's one on Plantasia and another one on Boo. They are little tomatoes--littler than a newborn bear cub. It's my job to water them. I spray the leaves with water from my spray gun. James calls it 'spritzing.'

Every day I talk to the tomatoes. I don't know if they can hear me 'cuz I can't find their ears. I know where my ears are. They're on top of my head. Do you know where your ears are?

I can't wait for the tomatoes to turn red. That's how we know tomatoes are grown up, see. Then we can eat them all up. I l-o-v-e tomato and Miracle Whip sandwiches. They're yummy. Yummy is one of the four food groups in the Canada Food Guide. Okay. I took care of the tomatoes. Now it's time to eat. I know what we're having for breakfast. Porridge with gummy worms. I gotta go 'cuz I'm as hungry as a bear! I want James to tickle my ears and kiss my nose. This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens. Look after your tomatoes. Bye for now."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.