Saturday, August 22, 2009

Marshmallows


Hi. I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live with my buddy James, on Sparkle Road. That's right by Sandwich Street. I look after him 'cuz he's really old and forgetful. Today he forgot me!



Look what I found! I'm at the Mill Dollar Store. I found marshmallows. I l-o-v-e marshmallows. We ate them at the Happy Cub Camp this summer in Quebec. I know what marshmallows are in French. They are called guimauves.

Know what? Marshmallows taste just as good in French as they do in English. I know how to roast marshmallows over a fire--but make sure the fire is outside the house, okay? I will give $1 to Allen, the nice man who owns the store and I can take the whole bag home. I wonder if I used to like marshmallows when I was just a cubby. I'll ask  James.

Oh. Wait! Did you hear that? James is hollering, "Who's a handsome bear cub? Who's a Son of Windsor? Where's my Prince of Ontario?" That's me! Charles! I gotta go get my ears tickled so I can laugh right out loud. This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Be good citizens and eat all your marshmallows. Starving children in Belgium would love to eat marshmallows. Bye for now!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.