Friday, August 7, 2009

Pelee Island




Hi! I'm Charles the Bear Cub. You know me. I live with my buddy,  James, on Sparkle Road.I look after him 'cuz he's old and forgetful. He forgot what day it is!

Knows what? We're on our way to Pelee Island. Peter and Selena and Jay and D'Andre came, too. My friend Tanner couldn't come. He's a big 'ole yeller dog who lives with Cassidy the bunny. Tanner didn't feel good so he stayed home.

Pelee Island is fun. It is in the middle of Lake Erie. That's a BIG lake. Lakes have names, you know.

Okay. Before we go we have to we eat wallermelons at the Golden Griddle. Then we ride on a boat to get to the island. I helped the workers park the cars on the boat. See? I'm wearing my safety vest. The boat is really big. It has a big loud horn that makes lots of noise. When we get to Pelee Island we will go to a place where they make wine. Wine is for grownups. I'm five. I won't be a grownup for a long time. I drank grape juice. Cubs can drink grape juice. Grape juice is baby wine.

Know what? I saw baby grapes. Lots of them! They taste awful but when they grow up they turn colours and then they taste yummy. Yummy is one of the food groups in the Canada Food Guide.

Wine gets put into barrels. See, I can take them to town.

I gotta go now 'cuz we're having lunch. We're having peanut butter and licorice sandwiches. They're yummy and help you grow big and strong so you can climb things, dig holes in the back yard and ride your bike up and down Sandwich Street with me! Bye for now!

Oh. Wait! Don't ever eat sauerkrauts. They're nasty. Saurkrauts taste worse then brocollis. They don't even taste good with peanut butter or chocolate syrup on them. I would rather sit on the Time Out Chair than eat sauerkrauts. Okay. Gotta go. This is me, Charles the Bear Cub saying, "Ahoy! Land ahead!  Bye for now!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let Charles know what you think about today's thoughts by posting a comment here.